Time Source 3050
Primary Reference Source for Public Networks
The newly-introduced TimeSource 3050 with a high quality Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) provides your network Stratum 1 performance when locked to GPS or up to 72 hours if GPS signals are interrupted.
The newly-introduced TimeSource® 3050 with a high quality Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) provides your network Stratum 1 performance when locked to GPS or up to 72 hours if GPS signals are interrupted.
TimeSource 3050 consists of single unit modules that plug into a rack-mounted shelf. TimeSource 3050 operates with an external high precision GPS timing antenna to meet GR-2830 and EN 300 462-6-1 requirements. It comes with two output ports that are software configurable for T1, E1, 2.048 MHz or composite clock to support frequency timing applications; there is also a SW License option for 8 additional outputs.
Two shelves are available: ANSI standard with rear connectors and ETSI standard with front facing connector access. The TimeSource 3050 modules may be used in previously supplied shelves of TimeSource 3000 and 3100 products.
- Advanced multi-input clock engine
- High precision timing antenna with integrated GPS receiver
- Up to 1000 foot antenna cabling with automatic delay compensation
- Timing accuracy of 100 ns when locked to GPS
- OCXO holdover
- T1, E1, 2.048 MHz, and 10 MHz inputs and outputs
- 1 PPS and TOD output ports.
- Sync status messaging on E1/T1 ports
- Integrated sync monitoring of input ports
- Optional SNTP server
- NEBS Level 3 compliant
- Low power consumption
- PRS to front-end an office BITS
- Stand alone PRS with up to 10 outputs for remote or small offices.
Improved GPS antenna design
The new GPS rooftop antennas for the TimeSource 3050 provide advanced narrowband filtering to protect against interference from adjacent spectrum. They also provide automatic compensation for cable delay via TWTT (Two-Way Time Transfer). The GPS antenna can be installed up to 1,000 feet from the office shelf, without amplifiers, using inexpensive thin coax cable.
Energy-efficient hardware yields substantial OPEX savings with dramatically reduced power consumption. The product is also fully ROHS compliant (ROHS 6/6).