Time & Frequency Distribution – XLI
GPS Instrument with Precise, Versatile and Flexible Time and Frequency System
The modular ultra-precision XLi Time and Frequency System is the most precise, versatile and flexible solution for timing and synchronization requirements.
- 12 Channel GPS Receiver with TRAIM
- Better Than 30 Nanoseconds RMS Accuracy to UTC
- Better Than 1x10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Supports Primary and Secondary Reference Inputs (GPS, Time Code, IPPS)
- Configurable as Dual Redundant GPS Receiver in One Chassis
- Standard 10/100 Base-T Network Port
- Intuitive Web Based Management
- HTML, Telnet, SNMP with MIB Standard
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display and Keypad
- Completely Modular with Plug-and Play Capability
- Numerous Field-Upgradeable, Plug-in Option Cards Available
- Time code reader/generator (IRIG A,B; NASA 36) AM and DC
- Auxiliary Reference Input Supports Lock to External Cesium to Enhance Holdover
- Standard Outputs: 1PPS, Selectable Pulse Rates and Alarm
- Flash Memory for Remote Software Upgrades
One of the great design benefits of the XLi is that, because of its variety of option cards, a company can customize it to fit to their specific application needs. Whether your application demands redundancy in power supplies, GPS, or any other function, all it takes is the proper configuration of cards.
XLi Option Cards
The wide range of XLi option cards make it easy to tailor your system to support nearly every possible output/input needed for time and frequency applications, by combining up to ten option modules (2U chassis), oscillator upgrades, and two GPS receivers per unit. Plug-and-play cards and built-in XLi option card recognition software lets you swap out modules without modifying your operating system.
Plug and Play Configuration
Configuration recognition software automatically detects the unit's setup, without modifications to the operating system, providing "plug-and-play" configuration capability for current and future application needs.
Freedom to Configure
Modularity delivers the freedom to configure the XLi as a GPS timing receiver, or a time code unit.
The XLi seamlessly integrates into a network centric environment. The 10/100 Base-T interface is standard. Remote management is facilitated with the intuitive HTML web based interface as well as SNMP with an enterprise MIB. Command line interface is also supported via Telnet or the RS-232/422 serial port. The XLi can function as a Stratum 1 NTP server with addition of the NTS option.
The standard XLi provides a wide range of time and frequency inputs and outputs such as: 1PPS output; time code input/output (IRIG A, B; NASA36) in both modulated (AM) and demodulated (DCLS) formats; programmable pulse rates; open collector alarm; front panel keypad and display; and more.
Modular Architecture for Easy Extensions
The modular XLi architecture allows easy extension of the software and hardware in the field. Software updates are remotely administered. Existing and future hardware option modules can be added as needed by the user.